Saturday, December 12, 2009

30 Ties - Day 8



I cannot formulate into words my feelings of utmost affection and gratitude toward you'all, my friends and family here in the bay area. You have been so very kind, loving, and sincere, in being there for me this past year. I've had one of the best years in my life (this my thirtieth); and it is because I have been here in the bay area with the friends and family that I love.

As you (my friends) saw, I was unmistakably surprised by the party you threw for me last night. Of course this was most noticeable by my failing to notice five of you hiding underneath a blanket in an open corner of the living room. Oh man, the moment you unveiled the "surprise!" marked in me absolute feelings of graciousness and embarrassment, in a way that I could not have thought possible. Graciousness in you'all coming together for my birthday; embarrassment for me seemingly taking longer than a fortnight to pick up on the moving, laughing lump of blanket right in front of me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am humbled by your love and warmth. I look forward to spending more time together this holiday season.

With affection & gratitude, Ryan.

P.s., day 8 marked the first non-traditional use of a tie. The blue, hexagonal patterned tie, a favorite, was warn as a scarf thrown around the neck. The silky material warmed the neck while also feeling cool and satisfying against the skin.

3 comments:

morgan said...

I promise not to disclose how long it to you to notice my "christmas presents" hiding under the blanket.

ryan said...

Too long. Well played with the "christmas presents" Morgs. I didn't get around to mentioning it, but for some reason I thought James (and possibly Alex) were under the blankets. Heh. I also thought that Jason had constructed a tent of some kind.

Jason said...

It's not that unusual for me to build a random fort in the apartment.