Thursday, December 10, 2009

30 Ties - Day 6


Day 6 was a great day. Met Jason and another of his friends, Jesse, at Mission Street Food for an offal dinner night. I never thought exotic meat parts could be so exceptionally delicious; but there was nothing... (wait for it) awful about it. Each of the dishes featured quite complimentary flavors and textures, such as chicken-fried liver with a dill buttermilk sauce. I was happily surprised at how much I enjoyed the meal. Gratis Jason, there was also very good beer to compliment the food.

Not too much time to digest though. I had unwittingly double-booked the night, so shortly after dinner I headed off to see the band Passion Pit with Megan. They were opening for Gossip, a band which I hadn't heard of. Passion Pit put on a good, no, great, show. The crowd was, however, overtly douchey. They were a younger crowd who had apparently failed to learn crowd etiquette. Time and time again whippersnappers pushed through the crowd with their head down and without remorse for disturbing those around them. A fight also broke out between a bro-looking dude and a short, very drunk hipster. Though the drunk hipster had an admittedly great 'stache, help us all if this is what SF has to look forward to with the merging genres of indie, dance, and electronica. I have seen the face of this younger neo-hipster crowd and I don't like what I see.

The attached picture shows me wearing tie 6, while drinking a quick pre-show glass of wine before heading off to the show--mashed with a picture of Passion Pit.

Note: Look forward to creative uses of ties in the future! It's becoming difficult to match the ties with the non-dress clothes that I have. Suggestions appreciated.

2 comments:

morgan said...

you're see-through!

Megan said...

I like your blog, sir. I also like Passion Pit, saw them recently in B-lizzle. Also, how can you not have heard of Gossip?! You're only thirty, ffs, you're not dead. Seriously, Gossip!?!