Friday, December 18, 2009

30 Ties - Day 14


Today, Day 14 of 30 ties for 30 years, is my actual birthday! The big 3-0. It was another great day. I met some of my oldest friends, Neil and Erica, for dinner in San Francisco. We decided to go to Nombe, a one-and-half-week-old restaurant, specifically an Izakaya, located at the corner of Mission and 21st St. Nombe serves some really exquisite tapas style dishes. While I normally eschew such restaurants, because the dishes were varied and affordable we were able to sample many of the items. And they were all very delectable. After fully stuffing ourselves over many courses, sake, and beer, we went to Laszlo, a bar attached to Foreign Cinema, for a nightcap. Before heading in we unavailingly scoured Mission Street for the creme brulee street vendor--apparently he's only out during the day.  

Now that I'm 30 I can settle into my adulthood, thankful for what I have already been given, and enjoy the present as it unfolds in front of me. There is something quite humbling about turning 30 unemployed. But in reality, I have been given a great opportunity at this stage in my life: the gift of time. Let it not be squandered; what shall I do in my old age?  

Thanks for a great night!

With thanks, Ryan.

1 comment:

Jason said...

But, there's also something awesome about turning 30 FUNemployed.

Happy Bday buddy.