Friday, December 11, 2009

30 Ties - Day 7


Day 7 started out disappointingly, at least as far as ties are concerned. In the morning, I left my apartment to meet my friend, Jenny, for a morning of rock climbing at the gym, in Berkeley. But I forgot the tie I was supposed to wear for the day. Though I moped inwardly about my dire, tie-less situation, the rock climbing was great. We bouldered for a while, scrambling up some V2's, then we roped up to climb some longer routes. At the end of our climbing, to train for a theoretical Marine boot camp we did straight up pull ups until we couldn't do no more.

The rest of the day it rained, and rained, and then rained some more. It was the kind of rain you look forward to in order to shed all regrets about not venturing outside, make some tea, and watch wonderfully terrible movies inside. I went back to my apartment, grabbed my tie, and headed to Jenny's house. We made some chai tea, mac & cheese, and watched two terrible movies: Obsessed, with Beyonce and Stringer Bell from the Wire, and The Contractor, with Wesley Snipes. I thought at least the latter movie would be good, having not met a Mr. Snipes movie I didn't like. But it too was terrible. It didn't matter; outside it was finally raining hard, I was inside and warm, and I had with me the tie for day 7.

With thanks, Ryan.

No comments: