Tuesday, December 15, 2009

30 Ties - Day 11


On Day 11, I'm sitting in the Wyndham Hotel Lobby in San Jose, awaiting my medical exam in the morning at MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station). Combined with my participation in the Fed's unemployment insurance program (i.e., funemployment), I now without a doubt feel a part of the system.

I check in; they have playstation 2's, and other games for us to play. But I'm not all that into the video games, though the modern warfare game a few kids are playing looks fun. I go to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant. Given a dinner voucher, I decide against the American Dip--a french dip with a heavy dose of nationalistic sentiment. I eat instead the hamburger with, yes, freedom fries. The freedom fries with a dollop of good ol' American ketchup were delicious.

Alone in the lobby awaiting my fate, the picture for Day 11 shows me biding my time, with my tie for the day. I will soon venture up to my room, where I am to meet my roommate, also named Ryan. I anticipate not getting a full night's sleep. Alarm is set for a wicked 3:44 a.m.

Thanks, Ryan.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Does an American dip have Kraft cheese on it?

ryan said...

Nope. It is in every material respect the exact same as a french dip. We just can't call it that, you know, since France decided not be a part of the coalition of the willing.