Sunday, December 27, 2009

30 Ties - Day 23


Driving up to Humboldt for New Year's 2009! On Day 23, it was exciting to get out of dodge (i.e., Oakland) and drive up to Humboldt County. This would be my second annual new year's trip to visit Jim and Gail, extraordinary people living along the Mattole River near Whitethorn, CA.

I also really enjoyed the drive with my sister Aliyah, in her trooper-of-a-car appropriately named The Metro. Good times were had this evening along the windy, beautiful highway. The highlight of the trip, or at least the most memorable, was an abandoned toilet strewn in an open field just off the highway. The toilet was primed for a roadside pee-and-go... I'll leave it at that.

The picture for Day 22 shows Aliyah and me enjoying our drive to Humboldt to spend the week among the beautiful redwoods.

No comments: