Thursday, December 17, 2009

30 Ties - Day 13


On Day 13, I met my friend Josh in San Francisco to join in on his weekly Poker game, Texas Hold 'Em style. I had been jonesing for a good poker game since playing a casual game with brothers and friends a couple weeks prior. Wearing the tie for the day, a classic with blue and red stripes, I definitively felt like a real poker player. The game was fun and enjoyable; Josh's friends were a jovial group. Someone brought over homemade bourbon chocolate balls that were fantastic, and quite possibly got me drunk. In the end, I took second place, after handily defeating Josh and 6 of his friends, but losing my chips rather quickly in the final match-up play. I'll need to work on my end play. It is a whole different game.

The game play lasted late into the night. When I finally arrived home, I was glad to see my bed. It had been a long couple days and I needed some serious time to veg.

Looking forward to tomorrow, my actual b-day, the big 3-0. There is no doubt about it, I'm old (as dirt). Everything from here on in is bonus play.

Thanks friends, Ryan.

No comments: