Monday, March 7, 2011

Bees

A week ago or so, I put up three bait hives to try and attract a local hive of bees. It took a little bit of planning, but I put the hives about eleven feet up in the air, which is where they apparently like to set up shop.

And just these past couple days bees have been all up in the all three hives! Even though it has been off and on raining. It didn't rain today, though it threatened to in the latter half of the day, and the bees weren't out. Maybe they know something about the weather we don't. But really excited to see so many bees on all the hives at the same time.

The next question is if they'll call my hives home, or if they're just scoping the place for food and what not. If they do, I hope I'm around to see it. They'll swarm together in a big clump to protect their queen to bring her over to the new home.

No comments: